How to pump down air conditioner gas (At detaching)
When the air conditioner is detached or is transferred, the down of the pump of the refrigerative gas (collection) is necessary. Otherwise, the gas is discharged into an atmospheric inside. When installing it again, it costs useless cost to charge the gas.
Correct method of detaching air conditioner (Pump down procedure)
So as not to discharge the gas into the atmosphere when the air conditioner is detached, the gas is collected to the outdoor machine. This is called a down of the pump. It introduces the general correct method.
- The low-tension side of the manifold valve is connected with the service port of the outdoor machine of the air conditioner (It is usually on the pipe side of a fatter saying as the low-tension side).
- The air conditioner is driven for about 15 minutes in the air-conditioning trial run mode. This is time necessary to collect the refrigerant oil.
- The valve (It is actually a low pressure though it is a thin pipe side) called a high-pressure side of the outdoor machine is shut. This prevents the gas from going out of the outdoor machine to the indoor unit.
- The air-conditioning driving is done for about three minutes in the state. The gas enters the outdoor machine through a fat pipe. At this time, the pressure of a low-pressure gauge of the manifold valve is sure to show the minus.
- The valve (fat pipe side) called the low-tension side of the outdoor machine is shut and the air conditioner is stopped. The gas was confined by the outdoor machine.
- The connection of the flare nut of the indoor unit and the outdoor machine is removed.
- It installs the flare cap and the flare plug in the piping joint or is garbage and is watertight in the tape etc.
When the pump can be downed by this method, the refrigerant oil can be collected in piping almost completely. If it is this method, you seem may divert piping though the piping of the model that uses the refrigerative of HCFC-R22 is supposed not to be able to be usually diverted to the model of new refrigerative HFC-R410A. However, piping is two-kind copper pipe (highest use pressure 4.30MPa) for R410A, and should not have remarkable deterioration. And, it is a self-responsibility though admits the manufacturer according to the model.
If piping is not diverted, it should not be driving of about 15 minutes. Moreover, the pressure of the service port that adheres to a fat pipe closes the down of the pump and when it becomes it (about one minute), 0.1MPa(1kgf/cm^2) closes the valve on a fat pipe side as follows. It is not necessary to do until vacuuming forms. Air may not enter the pipe when making it to the vacuum usually. (The driving time of the compressor is adjusted to about 45 seconds when there is no pressure gauge. The compressor stopped and there was a breaking thing when lengthening it too much. )
Method of air-conditioner driving when outside temperature degree is low
The trial run switch is turned on according to the model.
There is a model that cannot drive air-conditioning at cold time. At that time, the room temperature sensor of the indoor unit (thermistor) is warmed with the drier etc.It goes well even if it does by the thermistor part's warming the patty and coming by it.
When you cannot drive air-conditioner (The pump is downed)
When the air conditioner is detached, air-conditioning might not be able to be driven. That time introduces the method devised by me. However, even if the equipment breaks down, I do not assume the responsibility as a result because this method is an irregular method. Please do in own responsibility.
- The valve on the pipe side where the outdoor machine is fat is closed. (With six corner wrench etc.)
- The pressure of the service port might not fall so much. The valve on a thin pipe side will be closed in about five minutes. Please drive a little long.
- The pipe is detached. The tape is wrapped around the pipe and the main body side so that neither garbage nor water, etc. may enter.
It seems to be able to collect the refrigerative gas without trouble by this method. Though it leaks just a little.
Notes when pump is downed
- The gauge manifold valve uses the thing only for the refrigerative. The caliber at connected entrance is different because of the refrigerative.
- After the gas is collected with the gas collection machine or two valves of the outdoor machine are closed, it removes when the air conditioner cannot be driven due to the breakdown of the compressor.
- The gas doesn't leak when two places are laid in the pinch-ofves after it closes a valve if there are a pinch-off pliers.
- The increase tightening of the cap of the service port and the cap of the valve is done for remembrance' sake. The gas leaks for a long time when this is forgotten.
Kind and character of air conditioner gas
The kind of the gas used with a domestic air conditioner is as follows. It is hardly sold that the thing of mixed refrigerants of HFC-R410A (new refrigerative) uses HCFC-R22 in the main current recently.
|Kind of gas||Composition
|-51.7 degree C
-48.1 degree C
|About 1.6 times
|R22(HCFC)||R22--100%||-40.8 degree C||1.0||0.05||1/4 inches|